Marinated Quail Eggs
(Huevos de Codorniz en Salpicón)
From Penelope Casas, Delicioso
- 2 dozen quail eggs
- Salpicón Dressing:
- 6 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs. sherry vinegar
- 5 tbs. chopped dill or cornichon pickle
- 2 tbs. drained small whole nonpareil capers or chopped larger capers
- 2 tbs. minced onion, preferably Spanish or Vidalia
- 2 tbs. chopped pimiento
- 1 tbs. minced parsley
- black pepper
- Put quail eggs in saucepan with cold water to cover. Bring to a
boil over medium heat, and cook 4-5 minutes. Run under cold water,
then shell, removing all membrane.
- Make salpicón dressing: whisk together in large bowl the oil and
vinegars, then stir in remaining ingredients.
- Gently fold in the quail eggs. Refrigerate several hours, or
Keywords: Spanish, Tapas, Quail.