Saffron Rice with Pine Nuts
(Arroz al Azafrán con Piñones)
From Penelope Casas, Delicioso
- 2 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. onion, minced
- 2 tbs. pine nuts
- 1 c. short-grain rice (Arborio)
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. water
- 2 tbs. parsley, minced
- 1.5 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, or 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- few strands saffron, crumbled
- Melt butter in a deep casserole. Add onion and pine nuts, and cook
until onion has wilted. Stir in rice, coating with butter. Pour in
chicken broth and water, stir in parsley, thyme, saffron, and salt,
and bring to a boil.
- Remove from flame, cover, and transfer to a 400F oven. Cook for 15
minutes. Remove from oven, and let sit, covered, for 5-10 minutes
- I do the stove-top part in a deep skillet, then transfer to a
baking dish for the oven part.
Keywords: Spanish, Rice.