Salmon and Asparagus Paella with Capers and Dill
Source: Penelope Casas, Paella!
- 1 lb boneless fresh salmon, skin removed, cut in 0.5 in cubes
- kosher or sea salt
- 0.5 c dry white wine
- 5.5 c clam juice or fish broth
- 0.25 tsp crumbled saffron
- 8 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large scallion, finely chopped
- 4 tbs fresh chives, chopped, or freeze-dried
- 2 tbs fresh dill, chopped, or 1 tsp dried
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp paprika, preferably Spanish smoked
- 2 tsp whole nonpareil capers
- 3 c imported Spanish or Arborio short-grain rice
- 12 cooked green asparagus spears
- 3 tbs minced onion
- 3 tbs nonpareil capers
- 1.5 tbs minced fresh dill
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 6 oz chopped smoked salmon
Put topping ingredients into a small serving bowl.
Sprinkle salmon cubs with salt and let sit 10 minutes.
. . . no further directions . . .