Tom Hull's Ex-Ocston Web Page
Once upon a time, SCO set up a toy web site for their employees
to fiddle with. They called it ocston ("not SCO", backwards,
get it?). I started piling pages up there, initially to support
Ftwalk, then added more things from time to time. In
July 2000, SCO was falling apart as a business, and they sold
my division off to Caldera. I was laid off in the transition,
but SCO or Caldera or whoever let me keep my ocston
website up. This came to an end approx. Oct. 25, 2001. Some
months prior I had set up a tomhull.com domain, with
the intent of taking my ocston pages and rewriting /
restructuring them, using new tools that I hadn't been able
to use at ocston. I hadn't gotten much done on this
conversion, but with ocston off the air, the time to
get in gear has come. Expect that over time the web pages
under here will wither away.
These are (or were) my personal web pages.
They are not necessarily meant to
be useful or even interesting to anyone else. Which is not to say
that they may not useful or interesting to you -- it's just that
if they are that says as much about you as about me.
Ever since I've been acquainted with HTML, I've thought that
web pages should be a fine tool for organizing one's thoughts
and life. Like most of my ideas, this one mostly just rattles
around in my head, but once in a while, I do commit some
thought to virtual paper. This is as good a place as any
to file these jottings.
- [12-Apr-04]: Send Me Music to Review.
- [31-Mar-04]: I've set up a website for my political blogs,
Notes on Everyday Life.
- [12-May-02]: I've been working on collecting my
Old Rock Critic Writings.
- [28-Oct-01]: Moved these pages from Ocston.
- [20-Jun-01]: I have a new notebook computer, Sony VAIO FX-190,
running Windows ME (came with it) and Linux dual boot. Much
remains to be done, but see my
- [20-Jun-01]: Brenda Metcalf sent me a
for some family geneology, along with extensive photographs of
Fluty Cemetery in Baxter County, Arkansas. I have grandparents
(Benjamin and Mary Brown) and two uncles (Ted Brown and Allen Brown)
- [12-Feb-01]: New section for book
- [21-Jan-01]: New public draft of home networking/automation
- [29-Nov-00]: Comments on presidential
- [07-Sep-00]: SCO lays off 190 employees. I'm one of them.
- [08-Jun-00]: My mother, Bea Hull (née Bessie Brown), died.
- [04-Mar-00]: My father, Carl Hull, died.
- I have a resume.
I am looking for employment and/or business opportunities.
I want to work on free software on Linux.
- I have a working list of project
- I have a notebook, which is
somewhere between a diary and a repository for random jottings.
- I have written up some political notes on the 2000 US presidential
- I have a small collection of links
that interest me.
- I like to cook, and have a file of recipes
for things I have cooked.
- I have set up web pages for my
mother, both of whom
passed away during 2000.