Marinated Green Olives, Andalusian Style
Source: Penelope Casas, ¡Delicioso!
Serves: 2 cups
- 8 oz large green unpitted Spanish olives
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, lightly crushed and peeled
- 2 thin lemon wedges
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 sprigs thyme, or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 sprig rosemary, or 1/4 tsp dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2-inch piece dried red chile pepper, seeded
Combine all ingredients in a glass jar. Add enough water to cover the olives. Shake to blend. Store overnight at room temperature, then refrigerate for several days (they will keep for months). Bring to room temperature before serving.