Roasted Potatoes With Anchovies and Tuna
Source: Clark_Melissa, New York Times
Serves: 5-6 cups
- 1.5 lbs baby or fingerling potatoes
- kosher salt
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tbs unsalted butter
- anchovies, 2 oz tin, chopped (10-12)
- 1 tbs capers
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- tuna, 5 oz can or jar, or 1 can chickpeas or white beans, drained
- 0.5 tsp black pepper
- lemon juice, to taste
- 1 c soft herbs (parsley, celery, dill), chopped
- 0.25 c red onion, thin sliced, or shallot, or scallion
Cover potatoes with at least 1 inch water, add generous amount of salt.
Bring to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are very soft, 25-30 minutes. Drain
potatoes and let them cool.
Heat oven to 425F. Smash potatoes by hand to about 3/4 inch thick,
and place on rimmed baking sheet. Tos with oil and a little salt. Roast
until dark golden and crisp, 40-50 minutes, flipping them over halfway
Meanwhile, melt butter in a small pot over medium heat. Stir in
anchovies and capers, and cook until butter is brown and nutty. Stir
in garlic. Remove pan from heat.
Pour brown butter over all the potatoes. Add tuna (or beans), and
toss well. Season with more salt, if needed, pepper and lemon juice
to taste. Scatter herbvs and onions over top and serve.